Welcome to my Dog Blog!

In the months ahead I will be sharing a wide array of information on subjects including but not limited to: Selection of a new puppy, proper diet for puppies and dogs, potty training, teaching basic commands, safe toys, breaking the habit of car chasing, stopping/biting, good dog breeding habits, how to register with (AKC) American Kennel Club, how to place your puppies into proper homes, how to donate to pet charities, just to name a few. I hope you will find this blog informative and I always welcome comments, questions or suggestions.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

FOODS DOGS SHOULD AVOID

Welcome to Deb's Dog Blog!!!
This is the first article in my blog and I am really excited about it.  I hope you will find it useful and enjoy it. As always, your comments are welcome at any time....

We've all heard of foods that dogs should absolutely avoid. Today I am sharing with you a compliation of  foods that your dogs should avoid. If you are aware of any others please let me know,  why it should be avoided, and where you received the info from.

FOODS YOUR  PUPPY AND DOG SHOULD ABSOLUTELY AVOID: 

1.     Pork
2.     Chocolate
3.     Raisins and Grapes
4.     Onions
5.     Bones --- Especially Chicken. Any bones that splinter.
6.     Milk & Milk based products
7.     Sugary & Processed foods.
8.     Artificial Sweeteners
9.     Spicy foods
10.   Old foods - Old leftovers. Anything you wouldn't eat.
11.   Corn,  wheat, soy, Any Meat By-products.
12.   Any dog foods or dog treats with any of the above ingredients.

In my next blog post I will discuss how you can help give your dog a longer healthier life by providing him/her with the proper diet. I will give you several key tips that are essential in selecting healthy  dog food and treats for your dog. Please join me next time, which will be on Fridays of each week.
****If you would like to receive my blog automatically to your email, "click" the subscription button on the first page of this blog. This is a free subscription and your email or any other info will never be shared or sold.
                                                            .........................Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment